Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thing 22

Livebinder was something that immediately looked overwhelming.  In fact, before completing Thing 22, I went ahead and completed things 23 and 24.  Once I finally sat down and made myself do it, it wasn't that bad.  I made three binders: continents and oceans, fractions, and expository text.  I picked continents and oceans because those were the standards I had picked for the live text project in this class.  I did fractions because I had to teach a unit on fractions last semester.  I picked expository text because I just did a lesson plan for one of my reading classes about expository text.

Here's the link to my Continents and Oceans binder.  I included some worksheets, lesson ideas, and videos about continents and oceans that would be appropriate for elementary school, specifically 3rd grade.

I still don't feel like I really know how to do everything on Livebinders, but this is something that I could definitely see myself using in the future.  Organization will be key to my success and anything that I can keep track of electronically rather than on paper will undoubtedly make life easier.  This is also something that could be shared with parents.  This could be useful for parents who want to help their children with homework or if their children are struggling, parents could consult the live binder to figure out what their children are learning and then use the resources there to help their children outside of school.  When students are absent, I could post things here for students to complete.  This would be especially beneficial for students who missed multiple days of school at a time.  Ideally, their parents would work with them on the content they missed so that when they came back to school, they wouldn't be too far behind their peers who had not missed those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment