Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thing 21

Well, that was shockingly easy.  I created an account in a matter of seconds.  I downloaded some pictures I already had on Facebook and uploaded them into the video.  In less than a minute, I had created a video.  I used pictures from my year in Europe.  While I was there, I only worked four days a week, so I traveled as much as I could every weekend.  The pictures I put on the video are from Belgium, Sweden, Portugal, Italy, France, England, and various cities in Spain.  I was pleasantly surprised with how easy Animoto was to use.  When I first read the assignment for this "thing", I'll admit that I was in no way looking forward to completing this "thing".  It turns out that my procrastination was all for nothing, because this was one of the easiest "things" I've completed to date.  This could be something that I could see myself using in my future classroom.  I could make short videos to show my students using their pictures or pictures of their work.  This would also be something neat to share with parents.  I could take pictures of student projects and make a quick video for parents to see what their children have been doing at school.  Using students' pictures in the videos would only be okay if permission had been given.  Animoto has a feature that allows you to email the videos you create, so this would be a way for me to share videos I create with my students' parents.   Schools could use this for school-wide assemblies to showcase various things and students that relate to that day's assembly.

Here's my video I created using Animoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment