Friday, March 21, 2014

Thing 13

I had no prior experience with Google Drive.  I was pleasantly surprised to find how simple it was to use.  I created a short document (quiz) that relates to the standards I chose for my project for this class. 

I think this application of Google could be extremely useful in the classroom.  It makes the need for Microsoft Office products basically obsolete.  It was very user-friendly.  I could see students using this in the classroom to complete quizzes created by the teacher, to look at spreadsheets created by the teacher to complete projects.  Students could even use the document feature to type required papers.  This would be an interactive way to involve students in learning.  Things created by the teacher could be shared with parents of the students to keep parents apprised of what students are learning in the classroom.  Spreadsheets could be created about individual student performance to show parents areas of difficulty for their individual child. 

I also briefly looked at Zoho.  I prefer Google drives, however.   I liked the look of Google Drives better and found it to be a bit more user-friendly.  I'm sure that with a little work and effort, I could figure out Zoho, but Google Drive was immediately easier to use.  I also like that with Google Drives, everything is automatically saved.  Both Zoho and Google Drive seem to be fundamentally similar, I just found Google Drive to be a bit more aesthetically pleasing and easier to navigate. 

Here's the quiz I created using forms on Google Drive:

Continents and Oceans

There are 7 continents. *

 
Which 2 of the following oceans border North America? 

 
Which continent is the only continent that is also a country? 

 
Which of the following countries are found on the continent of Europe? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment