Friday, February 21, 2014

Thing 9

I chose to use ImageChef for this posting.  I chose to use a picture of my dog for this one.  Since she is a husky, when I saw the "snow" picture, I immediately chose it.  We don't get much snow, but when we do, she is in heaven!


For this photo, I also used ImageChef with another picture of my dog.  This time, I included text, her name, Minka.

I was pleasantly surprised with how easy this website was to use.  All I had to do was upload a picture from my computer, put it in the image template, email it to myself, and save it before uploading it to my blog.  The one thing I didn't like was that I had to create an account.  The only problem that I have with this is that I have too many accounts with various usernames and passwords and it becomes difficult to remember what username/password goes with which account.  

As for future use with this website (and others like it), I could see using this to put images of my students on and printing it out for them to use in projects.  The website with the fake magazine covers would be a fun addition to a writing exercise in which students write a newspaper article.  Their picture could go on the cover of their magazine and they could put it all together like a real magazine.  Creating these types of images would be fun things to incorporate into the classroom, and they could possibly make students more excited about learning.  With the fake magazines, students could create an imaginary travel journal and compile their entries for a travel magazine, complete with researched information about a given geographic location.  The cover of the magazine could include a picture or pictures of the places discussed in their imagined travels.  This type of visual might make the students' creations feel more personal.  This website was so easy to use that I'm sure I'll use it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment